There are a total of 60 lots in the sale, with a total high estimate of $2191000 (the sum of the high estimates of all the lots).
- In the Low range (high estimate $10000 and lower), there are 8 lots with a total high estimate of $63000
- In the Mid range (high estimate above $10000 up through $50000), there are 43 lots with a total high estimate of $938000
- And in the High range (high estimate above $50000), there are 9 lots with a total high estimate of $1190000
Although clearly an important photographer, Eggleston doesn't fit particularly well into our subject matter driven, black and white collection. Here are a handful of lots that we do find of interest:
- Lot 114 Untitled (Arizona) 2001 is a group of artificial flowers and could go in our floral genre
- Lot 132 Untitled (Memphis, Tennessee) 1979 is the Used Tires gas station image and could fit into our industrial genre
- Lot 140 Memphis 1971 is the green shower image, which doesn't fit anywhere but is an amazing image regardless (even if it is a later print)
- Lot 150 Untitled 1971 is the Peaches sign and could fit our industrial genre
October 13, 2008
20 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
UPDATE: read the entertaining back story to the sale here.